Customer Care during COVID-19
We understand how unnerving the rapidly evolving situation with coronavirus (COVID-19) can be. The safety and well-being of our Citizens Access customers and employees is our top priority. Our thoughts are with all those who have already been affected.
We’re closely monitoring real-time developments and are looking to experts such as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) for guidance to ensure uninterrupted access to your digital banking experience and to remain responsive to your needs. We are now able to handle customer calls from multiple locations, which will both protect our colleagues and ensure the highest level of service possible.
We’re here to help
The Customer Care team is here to answer questions and assist in any way possible. In addition, for customers who need access to funds in our CD products, we are waiving CD early withdrawal penalties upon request. We will maintain this “waiver upon request” for the next 30 days, and will reassess the situation at that time. As always, almost all of your needs can be addressed at www.citizensaccess.com, but please contact us with any questions or if you wish to close a CD account before its maturity date:
- Call us at 1-888-201-6505 – Mon-Fri. 8:00am-10:00pm; Sat. 9:00am-3:00pm; Sun. 10:00am-3:00pm EST
- Send a Secure Message any time of day. Ask us questions or provide account related instructions - simply sign into your account and click on the envelope icon in the top right of your account screen, or navigate through the Communications tab in the menu to send a secure email. We will respond within 1-3 days.
Please note: Early withdrawal penalties can only be waived by calling or sending a secure message. If you close a CD account through online self-service the early withdrawal penalty is automatically assessed.
We’re FDIC insured
We understand this is an unprecedented time of uncertainty given market volatility. Please rest assured that we’ve got your back, and Citizens Bank has ours. Citizens Access is a division of Citizens Bank, N.A., one of the nation’s oldest and largest financial institutions with $165.7 billion in assets*, and deposits held with Citizens Access and Citizens Bank are FDIC insured up to the maximum allowable amount by law.
For more information about personal levels of coverage, we strongly encourage customers to visit FDIC's Electronic Deposit Insurance Estimator. This site includes a number of helpful resources including:
- An estimator tool to help calculate the insurance coverage of all types of deposit accounts offered by an FDIC-insured bank, including:
- Checking Accounts
- Savings Accounts (both statement and passbook)
- Money Market Deposit Accounts (MMDAs), and
- Certificates of Deposit (CDs)
- A step-by-step video tutorial on how to use the estimator
- A list of FAQs
Be on alert for fraud
Fraudsters often take advantage of people when they are anxious and vulnerable. In times like these, it’s important to not let your guard down. Beware of phishing emails relating to the coronavirus. Scammers capitalize on “hot news topics” to trick you into clicking on their websites and emails. Here are a few tips to help keep you safe:
- Emails from Citizens Access will ALWAYS come from a CitizensAccess.com domain
- Citizens Access will NEVER ask you for personal information via email or text
- Check the sender’s email address for grammatical errors – including emails supposedly from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the World Health Organization (WHO) and your local government
- If you ever question the validity of an email or text, please contact us directly
We appreciate your trust in us and we’re committed to being there when you need us most.
Wishing you good health,
President, Citizens Access
*as of December 31, 2019