You can easily fund your Citizens Access account(s) in one of two ways:
1. Online Funds Transfer - Using the routing number and account number of your checking or savings account at another U.S. financial institution, you can link that external account to Citizens Access and then make an online transfer into your Citizens Access account.
2. Deposit a check - Ensure the check is made payable to you from another U.S. financial institution (no foreign checks). Endorse the back of the check with your signature, your Citizens Access account number and "For Deposit Only to Citizens Access" on the endorsement line. You can deposit your check by signing into your account from your phone and selecting "Deposit a Check" from the Move Money menu and follow the on screen prompts. Alternatively, you can mail your check to us at the following address:
PO Box 6801
Carol Stream, IL 60197-6801
Please note, you can only make a deposit to a CD when you open the account. Additionally, we will not accept cash deposits or wire transfers. All deposits to your accounts, regardless of how they are made, are subject to verification, final payment and our Funds Availability policy.
You can deposit a wide variety of checks as long they are made payable to the account holder. For more information on the types of checks you can deposit, please see our Deposit Account Agreement.
Deposit your checks from the convenience of your phone. With mobile deposit you can use your camera -enabled smartphone to deposit a check up to $50,000 via the Citizens Access website. To make a mobile deposit, sign in to your account from your phone, under the "Move Money" menu select "Deposit a Check" and follow the on screen prompts. Please ensure camera browser permissions are enabled.
To mail a deposit:
1. Ensure the check is made payable to you from another U.S. financial institution (no foreign checks)
2. Endorse the back of the check with the following information:
- Your signature
- "For Deposit Only to Citizens Access" on the endorsement line
- Your Citizens Access account number
Mail your check to:
PO Box 6801
Carol Stream, IL 60197- 6801
If you are a new customer, the following special rules will apply during the first 30 days your account is open:
- Funds from electronic direct deposits originated from third parties to your account will be available on the Business Day we receive the deposit.
- Funds credited to your account as a result of ACH debits originated by you with us will generally be available on the 5th Business Day following the credit to your account.
- Funds from the first $5,525 of a day’s total deposits of cashier’s, certified, and most federal, state and local government checks will be available on the 2nd Business Day after the day of your deposit if the deposit meets certain conditions. The excess over $5,525 will be available on the 7th Business Day after the day of your deposit.
For additional details around our Funds Availability Policy for new customers, please review our Deposit Account Agreement.
There are no limits when transferring money via our call center team. However, for your security, we place limits on transfers you initiate online to and from your Citizens Access accounts. For incoming transfers, you can transfer up to $1,000,000 daily and up to $5,000,000 within any rolling 30-day window. For outgoing transfers, you can transfer up to $250,000 on a daily basis and $1,000,000 within any rolling 30-day window. If you would like to make a transfer that exceeds these limits, please call us at 1-888-201-6505.